Since our office does not contract with insurance companies, we do not file your claims. The fees for your visit to A Children’s House for Pediatric Dermatology may be covered by your insurance plan as an out-of-network benefit. After you pay for the services at the time of your visit, you will be provided with an itemized bill that has the required codes that you can file with your insurance for possible reimbursement or application to your deductible if you have a high deductible plan. The major benefit of paying for services at the time of your visit is that you are aware of the costs upfront and will not be surprised by a bill that you did not expect after your visit.
The following are some tips that will be helpful in the process:
- Contact your insurance carrier to request a medical claim form or they can often be downloaded from the company website.
- Follow the instructions on the claim form specifically. The instructions should be self-explanatory. If you have questions, contact the insurance company to clarify.
- Dr. Bree is considered an out-of-network physician/provider.
- Be sure to request any payment of benefits be sent directly to you, the patient, and not the physician or provider of service.
- Attach the itemized receipt with the required CPT and diagnoses codes from your visit to A Children’s House for Pediatric Dermatology.
- Check the form for accuracy.
- Make a copy of the completed claim form and all attachments for your records.
- Mail the completed claim form and attachments to the address indicated on the form for processing of the claim.
- You should write down the date you mail the form, since they will ask this information if you call the insurance company to check on the status of your claim.